Mysteries of Quantum Mind

Do the mysteries of and about shamanism, meditation, tantra, yoga, mindfulness, intuition, and consciousness seem, at times, to be more confusing than you can grasp? ===>>> Explore Here! <<<===

Saturday, March 15, 2014

Mindfulness And Yoga Help At-Risk Kids Cope With Stress

PBS NewsHour reports on how a Stanford University backed project is bringing yoga and mindfulness practices to Cesar Chavez Academy where middle schoolers, at such a young age, are already showing signs of PTSD just by living their daily lives.  
According to Dr. Victor Carrion, a professor at Stanford University’s School of Medicine and head of Early Life Stress Research Program who is overseeing the project at Cesar Chavez Academy, up to 30 percent of children living in low-income, high-crime neighborhoods will show signs of PTSD which can in turn affect and impair their ability to learn.  In fact, there is a link between stress and behavior that actually shows up in the chemicals and activity of the brain.  But Dr. Carrion is hoping to help the kids at Cesar Chavez by providing the tools of  yoga to ease the stress before things go too far.  
Says Michael Fu, a Stanford University medical student involved in the project:
“The principals of mindfulness really try to make you focus on the present moment.  So whether or not you came in this morning experiencing something stressful at home or something bad happened, for you to be able to come into the classroom and really embrace it and embrace the learning, I think it really allows students to reach their potential.”  
While it took a little while to get the kids to be OK with doing poses and breathing in front of everyone else (these are middle schoolers, we’re talking about!), students are showing improvements in their attitude and reactions, which can translate into better learning abilities, and environments, as well as more positive temperments overall.  
“When I get home, I want to play, but [my mother] doesn’t let me because it’s too dark now.  And I get so mad,” says student Brayan Solorio.  ”And then I put my yoga mat that they give me, and I start using it.  The difference is that I’m angry, and then as soon as I use it, I’m not angry no more.  It calms me down.”  
Principal Amika Guillaume echoes young Brayan adding, “If we can get kids to the point that they realize that, oh, I’m getting hotheaded, oh, my adrenaline is flowing, I am not thinking clearly, I need to stop, step back and reassess, then maybe we have a chance.”  
Watch the full PBS NewsHour report.  It’s an inspiring and sobering look at how yoga can make a real difference for current and future generations even in its simplest of forms.  


Do the mysteries of and about shamanism, meditation, tantra, yoga, mindfulness, intuition, and consciousness seem, at times, to be more confusing than you can grasp?  http://bit.ly/MysticalPresentations3

Sparkling Minds Expanding with the Universe
Instructor in Tantra Psychology, presenting rational articulation of intuitional science with cogent practical exercises bringing greater personal awareness and cultivation of subtler realms, imbuing new and meaningful talents into participants' lives.  Explore further bringing such capabilities into your realm, both personal and at work.  Contact HERE

Making a difference for the psychic, moral and physical development of youth, make a difference through and for our Youth Intuitional Development Program


No comments:

Post a Comment